From Ask Dr Wiki
Kenneth Civello MD, MPH Curriculum Vitae
- 2006-2007 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. Chief Fellow Electrophysiology
- 2005-2006 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. Fellow Electrophysiology
- 2002-2005 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. Fellow Cardiology
- 1999-2002 Vanderbilt University. Nashville, TN. Resident Internal Medicine
- 1995-1999 Louisiana State University Medical School. New Orleans, LA. Medical Degree
- 1995-1999 Louisiana State University Graduate School. New Orleans, LA Master of Public Heath Degree
- 1990-1994 Louisiana State University. Baton Rouge, LA. Bachelor of Science
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American College of Cardiology Young Investigator of the Year Finalist 2007
- Using Information Technology to Improve Public Health. Master of Public Health Thesis. 1998
- Casey BE, Civello KC, Jr., Martin LF, O’Leary JP. Medical Malpractice Risks Associated with Bariatric Surgery. Obes Surg. 1999 Oct; 9(5): 420-5. Presented at the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons. 1998.
- Dugaw JE, Civello K, Chuinard C, Jones GN. Will Patients Use A Computer to Give a Medical History? J Fam Pract. 2000 Oct; 49(10): 921-3. Presented at the Towards an Electronic Patient Record Conference. May 12, 1998.
- H. Yamada, Z. Popovic, D. Martin, K. Civello, D. Wallick. The Effects of Altering Time Delays of Coupled Pacing During Acute Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm Journal. 2006 Jun; 3(6):722-7.
- Reverse Left Atrial Remodeling and Improved Systolic Function after Pulmonary Vein Antrum Isolation for Atrial Fibrillation. NASPE Abstract 2004.
- Benefits of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Extend to Patients with Mechanical Dyssynchrony due to Right Ventricular Pacing. NASPE Abstract 2004
- Effect of High Voltage Stimulation on Left Ventricular Torsional Deformation in Patients with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Y. Notomi, et al. American College of Cardiology American College of Cardiology Abstract 2004.
- Effect of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy on the Left Ventricular Torsional Deformation in Patients with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Y. Notomi, et al. American College of Cardiology Abstract 2004.
- Usefulness of Plasma BNP to Determine Responders and Non-Responders of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. NASPE Presentation 2005
- Evidence of Inflammatory and Hemodynamic Remodeling After Biventricular Device Implantation for Heart Failure. Sergio Thal, et al. NASPE Presentation 2005
- Axillary Vein Puncture Access Causes a Unique Lead Failure Mechanism. Michael McWilliams, et al. NASPE Poster 2005
- Survival After Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Evidence For Inflammation As A Predictor Of Mortality In Patients With Heart Failure After Bi-Ventricular Device Implantation. Sergio Thal, et al. NASPE Presentation 2005
- A Wider QRS Duration after CRT Device Implantation Independently Predicts Mortality in Patients with Heart Failure. Mark Iler MD, et al. AHA 2006.
- Reasons for Failure of Percutaneous Epicardial Catheter Ablation after Unsuccessful Endocardial Approach. Robert Schweikert MD, et al. AHA 2006.
- Left Superior Vena Cava Isolation In Patients Undergoing Pulmonary Vein Antrum Isolation: Impact On Atrial Fibrillation Recurrence. Claude Elayi MD, et al. AHA 2006.
- Atrial Fibrillation Termination Mode Comparing Three Common Ablation Strategies for Permanent Atrial Fibrillation: Results from a Randomized Study. Claude Elayi MD, et al. AHA 2006.
- Validation of an Institutionally Accepted Standardization of the Coronary Sinus Tributaries and Left Ventricular Myocardial Segments. HRS 2006 Featured Abstract
- Atrial Arrhythmias Post Atricure Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation: Findings During Catheter Ablation. Oussama Wazni, MD et al. HRS 2006.
- Lack of echocardiographic evidence of dyssynchrony predicts poor relative survival following cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). Bryan Baranowski, MD, et al. HRS 2006
- Hospitalization Due to Atrial Fibrillation in Patients With Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Mohammed N. Khan, MD, et al. HRS 2006.
- Compared Clinical Outcomes After Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Patients With and Without a History of Atrial Fibrillation. Thomas D. Callahan, IV, MD, et al. HRS 2006.
- Positron Emission Tomography Scan Abnormalities Do Not Predict Response to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Abstract American Society of Nuclear Cardiology 2006
- Remote Magnetic Navigation System: Initial Experience in Pulmonary Vein Isolation. AHA Poster 2006
- Acute Biventricular Pacing in Post-operative Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery Patients with Left Ventricular Dysfunction. ACC Presentation 2007
- Mortality of Heart Failure Patients after Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy: Choice of Device and Identification of Predictors. Rong Bai, MD, et al. European Society of Cardiology 2007.
- Long Term Risk of Mortality and Cardiac Transplant following Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Patients with Left Ventricular Reverse Remodeling. HRS 2007
- Appropriate Shocks after Placement of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator in Orthotopic Heart Transplant Survivors. Vivian Tsai, MD, et al. HRS 2007
- Safety, Efficacy and Follow up of Atrial Fibrillation Ablation in Septuagenarians. A Corrado, MD, et al. HRS 2007.
- Long-Term Neurologic Outcomes in Acute Thromboembolic Events Associated with Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. Shane M Bailey, MD, et al. HRS 2007.
- Cardiac scar and response to cardiac resynchronization therapy in ischemic cardiomyopathy. Lucie Riedlbauchova, MD, et al. HRS 2007
- Is atrial fibrillation termination mode during ablation for permanent AF a predictor of long term maintenance of sinus rhythm? Claude S. Elayi, MD, et al. HRS 2007
- Luigi Di Biase et al. Remote Magnetic Navigation: Human Experience in Pulmonary Vein Ablation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007 50: 868-874.
- Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine Textbook. 2004. Mitral Valve Disease Chapter.
- Handbook of Cardiac Electrophysiology 2007. Indications for Permanent Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy.
- Handbook of Cardiac Electrophysiology 2007. Implantation of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy.
- State of Ohio
- State Of Louisiana
Hospital and Group Appointments
- Our Lady of the Lake. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Louisiana Cardiology Associates
- Certification in Internal Medicine 2002
- Certification in Cardiovascular Medicine 2005
Clinical Trial Experience
- ACTIVATE: ACAT inhibition on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis, Adjudication committee. 2004-2005
- CAPTIVATE: Efficacy and Safety of the ACAT Inhibitor CS-505 (Pactimibe) for Reducing the Progression of Carotid Artery Disease, Adjudication committee. 2005-2006